Since 1925, over 40 members of the Gracie Family have dedicated their lives to developing the jiu-jitsu system of self defence. From its roots also sprang the ever popular MMA and the now ubiquitous UFC. So what is Jiu-Jitsu and why should you incorporate its practice? It’s not solely a martial art; it is also a method for promoting physical fitness. We’ve tapped the Gracies themselves to provide a list of the 10 best reasons to try Jiu-Jitsu.
1) Jiu-jitsu is a great source of cardiovascular exercise which promotes good overall health.
2) Jiu-jitsu is a great core workout which helps a person with overall stability and balance.
3) In addition to the health benefits, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu teaches very important self-defense techniques that may help to save a person’s life if caught in a situation with a physically aggressive opponent.
4) When a person knows how to defend himself or herself physically, they feel more confident!
5) Jiu-jitsu is a very family-oriented art. It’s a lifestyle that can be practiced by a family as a whole.
6) The more well-versed a person is in jiu-jitsu, the more they learn to be calm under pressure, which can help a person learn to relax during normal hectic problems of their daily encounters.
7) Since jiu-jitsu is a close contact martial art with many training partners, it’s a great way to make friends.
8) Promotes a healthy diet. Whether a person trains competitively or leisurely, it’s common for practitioners of the sport to adopt the entire jiu-jitsu lifestyle, which entails a healthy diet.
9) Learning the intricate jiu-jitsu techniques helps promote problem solving and critical thinking skills.
10) Jiu-Jitsu is for everybody, regardless of age, sex, or physical limitations! Based on the gentle nature of jiu-jitsu, its range of practitioners is vast!
Now you know the benefits of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and how it can change your life – take the first step and get on the mat!
Have any more benefits you could add to the list? Comment below!! And don’t forget to share this article with your friends!